It seems that many people are asking themselves this question in the age of electronic search sites like Zillow and Realtor.com that allow individuals to independently access real estate inventory themselves. The reality is that there are many reasons people need Realtors as much or more than ever. Here are my thoughts:
- Many online search engines are inaccurate in the information they provide. They can be months or years out of date or just plain wrong. It is not nearly as accurate as the information coming from the MLS and vetted by your Realtor before presenting it to you.
- There are properties that do not appear anywhere online such as pre-construction opportunities and pocket listings that may actually be the best fit for you that you might never know about without a Realtor.
- Not everything is as it appears! Many properties online may look good but may be in a bad neighborhood or have other issues associated with them that you might not be aware of.
- Buying property is complex. It is not just a matter of finding something you like and putting it in your shopping cart and checking out! There are so many issues to navigate such as financing, inspections, appraisals, and more. Why do it alone when you could have a trusted advisor guide you through and take much of the work off your plate?
- Finally – negotiation! Why pay more for a property or sell it for less than you need to? A Realtor is experienced in getting you the best price and may often have relationships with the other side of the negotiation that will benefit you. For example, West Avenue Realty has close relationships with many of the Developers building the new condos in Miami. We bring them many buyers and for that reason they are motivated to work with us to obtain the best possible price for the best possible unit for our clients.
So in summary, don’t do it alone! We are here to make the experience successful, enjoyable and profitable. Partner with the winning team in Miami real estate and reap the benefits.